about ProJect X2 Turntable
The X2 is made for those who take great joy in the fine details, the build-quality, the high-grade materials and even more audio performance. Structurally, the X2 is supported by its large, heavy, dense and stiff MDF structure, reducing unwanted resonances to almost imperceptible levels. By adding this extra mass, the X2 is even quieter, allowing the vinyl reproduction to become more detailed and precise.
Physically, the X1 is framed by its larger, heavier weighted MDF structure, out-performing the particle board or plastic chassis alternatives seen in other turntables. Inside, it houses an advanced DC/AC generator board which, combined with the convenient speed control board, delivers clean and stable power to the quiet-running motor. For even better performance, the motor is decoupled from the main plinth using a new motor suspension system.
Supplied either with or without a premium Pick it 2M-Silver cartridge it can be ready to play within a few minutes of unboxing. Also supplied in the box is our Connect-IT E RCA cables, a semi-balanced, low-capacitance cable with superior shielding that’s optimized for turntable use. Lastly, height-adjustable feet in their Alu/ TPE sandwich construction are a very exclusive but necessary feature to level the turntable and effectively isolate it from the surface it is placed on.
- Electronic speed control with 33/45 rpm speed change, which acts as “Speed Box” with ultimate speed stability
- Electronically regulated precision motor with improved damping construction for the least amount of vibration and noise
- Sub-platter with extremely low 0.001mm bearing tolerances
- Stainless steel platter-bearing with soft bronze bushing and teflon mirrors for lowest rumble and noise, and a stable, accurate speed transmission
- 9” one-piece tonearm tube with best internal damping by the ultra rigid carbon/alu sandwich construction
- TPE damped counterweight reduces arm-cartridge resonances by 50%
- Azimuth and VTA adjustement
- Pick it 2M Silver super fast, super precise MM cartridge with silver coils
- Resonance free, 2 kg heavy acryl platter
- Heavy, 50mm thick, highest quality CNC‘d MDF chassis
- Luxury 8 layers of painting and hand-polished finish or real-wood, satin-waxed veneer
- Super shielded, semi-symmetrical, low-capacitance phono cables – purpose designed by Pro-Ject
- Hight adjustable, alu machined, vibration absorbing feet
- Handmade in Europe
As per Pro-Ject’s philosophy, the X2 turntable is a value for money audiophile product. When you factor in its bundled cartridge, it comes in around a quarter cheaper than its immediate rivals, yet still proves an enticing package. Sonically it’s good enough to enjoy your record collection without having to think about all the things that plague entry-level vinyl spinners – like rumble, speed instability and acoustic feedback. Factor in ease of use and set-up, and it’s ideal for those wanting a serious but user-friendly vinyl spinner at a persuasive price. Heinz Lichtenegger’s long ascent continues! – Stereo Net
Come on In!
10AM – 5.30PM
10AM – 4PM
Sometimes we are away from the shop. To avoid disappointment, we recommend calling ahead to make sure we are around.
01457 875 555
29 Sam Road
Diggle, Greater Manchester